Wednesday 12 October 2011

If your pictures aren’t fun enough then you lack a sense of humor.

If your pictures aren’t fun enough then you lack a sense of humor.:
I see stuff all the time that tickles me. Makes me laugh. Makes me happy to be alive. And I try to photograph it. This image is one of those vignettes. And believe me, there was no way for me to sneak a subtle, voyeuristic street shot. Nope, I was using a normal lens on a big medium format film camera and I walked up until I was about ten feet away from these gentlemen, I smiled, raised the camera and clicked the shutter. They let it all roll past. I was a tourist. A mild annoyance. Here and then gone. And that's fine with me but I'll always remember the moment of joy when I first saw them posing at one of the many side streets leading into the Piazza Navonna. It was visual love at first sight. Was I embarrassed? Nope. I was too busy trying to fight my natural, cultural resistance to directly interacting with strangers in public. Was I afraid? In one of the last bastions of civilization? Hardly.



Medium format camera. Normal lens. Black and white film.
©2010 Kirk Tuck. Please do not re-post without attribution. Please use the Amazon Links on the site to help me finance this site.







Source : Google Reader

No comments: