Wednesday 4 May 2011

Winodws Live Mail

Winodws Live Mail: "
Hi



I hope this is the right place to ask this question. If not, perhaps someone would be kind enough to move it.



I don't use Windows Live Mail myself, but a friend who does has a problem.



I don't have immediate access to her computer, so can't send a screenshot, but, basically, she has TWO duplicate email accounts on the left-hand side of the page.



If it makes it any clearer, the first one - which is her name@her service provider is labelled as her 'default account'. (And the 'make this my default account' option is greyed-out.)



The one immediately below is also her name@her service provider. It has the option to become the default account.



If an email arrives it goes into both accounts so she has two of everything..





My question is: can she safely press the 'remove account' button for the second account, without automatically deleting both because they have the same details?



And why are there two accounts? My friend seems to think she didn't always have both. It may be that they were set up for her by the people who sold her the computer. She's not sure. She's a bit scatter-brained and certainly couldn't have set them up herself. Can it be done accidentally?





Thanks for any help you can give me.



James
"



Source : Google Reader

No comments: