Thursday 18 August 2011

Morning Meanderings… Non Fiction Overdose

Morning Meanderings… Non Fiction Overdose:


Good morning! :D


Did you notice there was no Morning Meandering yesterday? I just flat-out ran out of time. I got up early enough but was putting finishing touches on my Small Town Sinners review and got so into that, suddenly I had to rush to get ready to go to work.. and yup – no Morning Meanderings. EPIC FAIL. :shock:


And in other epic fail news… I need a break from non fiction.



I know … that is just so out of the blue… but it is a fact. I have really noticed for about the past 6 months I have been including at least one non fiction read in each weeks Monday What Are You Reading. I do not know really when it happened, but suddenly I am really into life stories, memoirs, history, triumph stories…


Last week I reviewed The Devil In The White City and Working It Out. Both non fiction. Yesterday I finished the audio of Born Round, also non fiction. As I reached for the next book on my reading list for the week, I noticed both are non fiction and suddenly… I just wanted something fun… not too heavy, and not too real. I needed a break from feeling real horror, real sadness, real ….


well… apparently just real. :razz:


SO (and don’t laugh) I picked up CUT by Patricia McCormick because it is fiction and it is small. Of course… not that I am looking at it… I am thinking that may be too serious of fiction so my search for light continues. :D


DO you ever do that? Over dose on too much of one genre or subject matter and you have to switch it up?



2011 Miles: 385




2011 Miles: 50






Source : Google Reader

No comments: