Sunday 13 November 2011

Morning Meanderings…. Honduras and I Am Coming Home!

Morning Meanderings…. Honduras and I Am Coming Home!:


Good morning. :D


I am here at the guest house in Tegucigalpa Honduras, a little groggy, but good. Yesterday was a fine day to travel and see areas we have worked in the past. We stopped at AFE (the dump school) and I was saddened to see that my little buddy Samir (who I see every year) was not there. I was told he had not been feeling good so was at his home.


Melissa and I. Melissa is one of the students of AFE.



One of the buildings at AFE. I have put the rebar in the floor of this building and helped put in the cement floor years ago.


After AFE we went out to Manuelito where we used to work with the street kids. That was like a family reunion I love seeing those kids and how they have grown and matured…


Two of the girls I have known a long time from Manuelito.... Michelle, me, and Ava


Both stops were good and I know we will not do that every year, but it was good to see them.



We then went to the Valle de Angelas, which is the Valley Of The Angels. This is our shopping stop for the trip. Pretty much a Honduras tourist trap. I usually pick up a few bracelets or necklaces, the prices are good and the items are unique. Of course I always get coffee too to bring back :)


A pic in the valley


We returned to the guest house last night for dinner and had time to all talk together afterwards about our thoughts on the day. I am really enjoying my time with this group. Al, Julie, and Mark I have done this with many times – but Eric, Jay, Boris, and Dima have been wonderful new additions to the group and it has been a lot of fun getting to know them better.


Our team: Back left: Boris, Jay, Dima, Eric, *Front: Mark, me, Al, and JUlie


Today we start flying back. Our flight leaves Tegucigalpa at 1:59 pm. We will land in Atlanta around 6:30 pm…. in Minneapolis about 10:30 pm, and then out drive home will put us in around 1:30 am.





Source: Google Reader

No comments: