Wednesday 28 December 2011

The small camera images from Thanksgiving and beyond. Flash!

The small camera images from Thanksgiving and beyond. Flash!:
Nikon V1 with 10-30mm lens. A place setting.


Ben. A mix of daylight and flash from the little, dedicated SBn5 flash, set to fill flash. Camera in program. 10-30mm.


Ben and I got up early on Thanksgiving morning and ran the 5 mile Turkey Trot race with 21,000 other central Texans. Ben came in around forty one minutes. I finished sometime later. I did not take a camera with me on the run. As a swimmer (not a runner) I had my hands full concentrating on the race.


The V1 with flash. In program mode. with the 10-30mm lens.


There was no shortage of wine or coffee at the VSL Thanksgiving festivities. All dutifully recorded.


Nikon V1. Program. Auto ISO 100-400. 10mm lens.
Belinda and I went out shopping and then for a walk around downtown. The light was totally different from yesterday's light at the same time. Amazing.


Nikon V1. 10mm. Program.


This lens comes alive with a raw conversion in Lightroom. The lens profile correction is wonderful and the optic spruces up in the corners nicely. This was shot at 100 ISO. Go ahead. Press your nose against the screen and look for grain.


Nikon V1. 10mm. Program. Auto ISO 100-800.


We ended up at our preferred halfway point: Cafe Medici. Home of the perfect cappuccino. The weather was exciting. A big temperature drop and gusty winds.






Nikon V1. 10mm lens. At some point I started playing around with Auto Scene Select and discovered that I both liked it, and it gave really good exposures and image files.


Nikon V1. 10mm. Auto Super Deluxe Platinum mode with Art overlay engaged. This is for all the compulsive pixel analysts who like to see the worst case scenario for whatever camera they are about to flame.....


I set this one in ultra-auto and it came back at f2.8, 1/30th of a second, ISO 2800. YES 2800. Is there grain/noise? You bet. Do I care? Is it important to me? You've got to be kidding.


And I don't know what magic robot lives in that camera but the guy on the right is in full tungsten and Belinda is sitting next to a window to the outside and the color is........as close as I'd imagine it could be to right on the money.


One more day of vacation and then we'll break out the boring cameras and get back to work....or will we?


HELLO NIKON! I'D REALLY LIKE TO PLAY WITH THE 10-100 LENS. CAN YOU PASS IT ALONG FOR A MONTH OR SO?










©2010 Kirk Tuck. Please do not re-post without attribution. Please use the Amazon Links on the site to help me finance this site.






Source : Google Reader

No comments: