Wednesday 11 May 2011

Help with non-booting iMac

Help with non-booting iMac: "
Hello all,


First off, sorry if this has been addressed in another thread, please feel free to link me to it!


The problem I'm having is that when I start-up my iMac, (2007 17" running Leopard OS X), it stays on the gray, boot screen for a long time, then shows the icon of circle with line through it where the Apple logo would be, then sometimes it will show a file folder icon in that location. If I leave it alone long enough, it will automatically start boot-camp and I'll be running Windows XP. That works fine without issues, but it starts without me selecting it?


Also, my optical drive seems to be broken. When I put a disc in there it accepts it, then it whirs and clunks around for a while then partially spits it out for a second, then pulls it back in and repeats the process.


Please help,

CJ.


"



Source : Google Reader

No comments: