Wednesday 11 May 2011

Macbook HD almost full, but shouldn't be

Macbook HD almost full, but shouldn't be: "
I used SuperDuper! to back up my macbook for a second time, and the backup completed without errors, but when it finished my internal HD went from about 27 GB free down to 1.3 GB free.


I've scanned my HD with GrandPerspective, OmniDiskSweeper, and Disc Inventory X, and all say I'm using about 114 GB, which should be about right (out of a total 148 GB). But when I "get info" my HD, it says I'm using 145 GB (I deleted some stuff to increase the initial 1.3 to about 4 GB free).


I don't know where the space went or what caused it. I backed up my HD because I've been hearing more sound from it than normal lately and I'm worried about it failing. Could this be an early sign of upcoming failure?


Thanks in advance for the help!


"


Source : Google Reader

No comments: