Saturday 4 June 2011

Desktop not ready all the ram

Desktop not ready all the ram: "

I purchased a DG35EC mobo back in 2/09 and have been running WIndows 7 64bit, Q6600 cpu with 4*2gb sticks - everything is running great and computer build has been great. About 1week ago i click my computer and it said only 6gb memory. Well the computer has been saying 8gb ever since the build. Well I went into the bios and it is the newest bios on intel site and under the memory only 3 banks show 2gb the 3rd bank is (not installed it says). I have switched memory around and tried all 4 in that slot and none work in that slot but work great in the other 3 slots. I even put in a 1gb stick of memory and it worked in all 3 slots and not the 3rd slot. Anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong besides a bad memory slot. I have contacted Intel since it is still under warranty and they said send it back and they would send me one but that leaves me without a computer for 1-2weeks. They said they could ship another one out and pay for it and then send the other back. I would have a new mobo the next day but have to pay for it. They said it was under warranty. Please help

"


Source : Google Reader

No comments: