Saturday 4 June 2011

DG45ID issues with Windows 7 Media Center

DG45ID issues with Windows 7 Media Center: "

I've had a media center PC built with a DG45ID motherboard for about 3 years. I upgraded to Windows 7 when it was first released, and since it's been so long, I don't remember if I had this issue with Vista as well or just Windows 7. Anyway, on to the problem...

Many times when I start Windows Media Center, I just get a black screen I have to ctrl+alt+del to use task manager and end the Media Center. The only way to get it working again is to reboot the computer. Over the past year I've searched the internet for solutions, but the only thing I've found was a suggestion that there may be an issue with my audio or video drivers. I've always made sure to have the most up to date drivers as well as BIOS version for my motherboard. This did not help, so I eventually tried a different video card. At first I just upgraded to a video card that ran component video cable to my TV because the HDMI input had stopped working. I was still running the onboard audio with a digital optical audio cable to my surround sound receiver. The problem still existed.

Eventually, I got the HDMI input on my TV fixed, so went back to running audio and video through the integrated HDMI port from my motherboard. Still having the same issue, I added a Nvidia video card with HDMI. The Media Center crashing issues stopped. After a few weeks, I realized that I was not getting 5.1 surround sound like I had been getting with the Intel audio drivers. I was only getting sound through my front speakers, so I switched back to the digital optical audio from the Inted IDT audio. Within the first 10 minutes, Media Center crashed again.

I would just be content with the audio from my Nvidia card if I could get 5.1 surround sound with it, but since that is not working, I was wondering if anyone had any solutions I could try to keep the Intel IDT audio drivers from crashing Media Center.

Thanks

"


Source : Google Reader

No comments: