Saturday 4 June 2011

Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926

Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926: "

Hi, today I tried to update my BIOS from version 5924 to 5926 using file KGIBX10J.86A.5926.EB.EXE (which is the way I've done multiple updates).


Anyway, after the installation of the software, the computer rebooted, appeared to flash the BIOS without error, then restarted. After the reboot, the screen was blank and I was getting 2 long beeps followed by a pause and then 2 long beeps again. I tried forcing the computer to enter the BIOS using the button on the back of the IO panel on the motherboard, clearing the CMOS via the jumper and also removing the jumper to enter recovery mode with the .BIO version of the BIOS on a USB flash drive. Nothing worked.


Finally I started removing all the peripherals one at a time to see if something was causing an issue. It turned out the memory was causing the issue. I could only have one of my memory modules installed in Channel A, DIMM 0. The second I added a second, third, or fourth memory module, I would get the beeps again.


I reflashed back to version 5924 using one memory module and reinstalled all four of my 2.0GB memory modules and everything was fine again.


CONCLUSION: There is some sort of issue with my memory modules and the 5926 BIOS update.


I am using Corsair memory modules:


2x CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9

"

Source : Google Reader

No comments: