Wednesday 15 June 2011

DZ68DB: BIOS 0014 reset issue

DZ68DB: BIOS 0014 reset issue: "

Hello all,

I've recently bought a DZ68DB-type mainboard, which shipped with a v0014 BIOS.

One issue I have with this is the following: Whenever I hit the PC's reset button or reboot via the corresponding Windows option, the system intermittently turns itself off (for about 2 or 3 seconds, turning off power to the entire system, including fans and hard disks) and then powers on again. This is not only something I've never encountered with any other mainboard (including Intel ones), but it also doesn't happen with the previous (v0011) BIOS (with which the reset happens as expected, rebooting immediately). Of course I've reset the BIOS to defaults to rule out odd settings causing this -- I also haven't found any options influencing this.

Am I the only one with this issue, or can others confirm this behavior? Should this be reported as a bug (anyone in the know as to where to do so?)?

Christian

"

Source : Google Reader

No comments: