Wednesday 15 June 2011

SASMF8I Can't see the firmware version

SASMF8I Can't see the firmware version: "

#I recently aquired on of this RAID boards and decided to set it up at home as a CHEAP RAID Solution. After reading

the docs it looks like I have set it up correctly and all. I can't seem to see the firmware version from the Web Console

though. This is running with a 650Watt Power Suppy, 8 SATA Drives, Biostar (Desktop) Motherboard etc... oh and

I am using Windows 2008 RC2 Server (standard). Loaded the Drivers, the Web Console etc all seemed to go well.

When I called support I got a lecture #1 I was not using an Intel Motherboard, #2 not using a server motherboard

and that's about it.. Since it could not see the BIOS it would not update the firmware so Intel sent me a new card

out to see if that made a difference, it didn't. I have already seemed to experience 2 drives failing for no

apparent reason. So after I received the new SASMFf8I card am doing a foreground rebuild and see where it goes.

Any ideas? Does anyone use this not in a real server? I don't know what the real difference is in a Motherboard

of a server verses a desktop system other then power, CPU and more memory, the boards work basically the

same I would think?? I also dont want to shell out $500 on a motherboard, new CPU, new memory to boot...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

"


Source : Google Reader

No comments: