Wednesday 15 June 2011

Intel DX58SO with i7 950 and 6 Gig

Intel DX58SO with i7 950 and 6 Gig: "

My computer has started crashing and that lead me find out that my CPU started overheating.

My CPU is fine, passes all the tests, so I put a Hydro H70 on it and I am back down in the happy temp area.

My computer however is still crashing.

The Winodws Logs say that the PCI Express Root Port is causing issues and I am curious if this might be the culprit of my crashes.

I have ports 1, 3 and 7.

I have only seen issues on 3 and 7. When I disable 7 one of my two, two-port video cards turns off, so it is likely that port 3 is the other two-port video card.

Should I be concerned that the video card is a problem or that the motherboard itself is a problem or even that the CPU is somehow the problem?

I updated drivers on my computer but I still get these:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x0
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0x340a
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information

Any ideas?

"

Source : Google Reader

No comments: