Wednesday 15 June 2011

Intel Vt-d support

Intel Vt-d support: "

I'm desperatelly searching for some information on Vt-d technology, but all I found is complete confussion.

Is Intel Vt-d supported only by those few Intel motherboards listed on this page http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-030922.htm ?

From my research on the web it seems that Gigabyte definitelly doesn't support Vt-d on any of their motherboards. Information about MSI and Asus does seem to indicate similar state.

So what is actually needed for Vt-d? It's listed as CPU feature, but it needs a Vt-d capable chipset (which is a distinction I can't find anywhere) and a Vt-d capable motherboard. Am I right?

I'm building a new workstation (2k-4k USD range) and there aren't any Vt-d capable motherboards, then I really need to rethink my strategy (and perhaps buy two cheaper machines instead).

I would like to build my machine around Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Processor (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz)

"

Source : Google Reader

No comments: