Sunday 14 August 2011

I have a lot of cameras. Why do I keep coming back to the Olympus ones?

I have a lot of cameras. Why do I keep coming back to the Olympus ones?: "
Of course I have egg on my face about the Olympus XZ-1 and my initial perspective of letting ergonomics define everything. Turns out I just needed to retrain my left hand and part of my brain. Now I seem to carry it everywhere because, even with the EVF-2 on it, it's light as a feather and the quality of the files is very, very good. I like the metering and I like the colors. Noise? Sure. Why not. But not enough at 100, 200 or 400 to even register to me. Print them out and 800 works as well. Higher than that? Well, I had a $5,000 Nikon D2x that didn't look any better over 400 ISO, so I don't worry about it much. I like that it goes wide and I like that it's got a fast aperture. Is it worlds better than the Canon or Panasonic products. Not in its native form but when you add the finder it makes it worlds better. Say what you will about the extra expense, or the way the finder sits on top of the camera like a goiter, but that finder is magical and if you haven't actually looked through one and seen how much fun it makes the cameras it is attached to you should do that before you comment. Otherwise I'm just trying to describe how good steak tastes to someone who's been trapped and held captive by radical vegans since birth.
Read more »
©2010 Kirk Tuck. Please do not re-post without attribution.





"


Source : Google Reader

No comments: