Sunday 14 August 2011

A self serving book review that I hope will inspire even non-commercial photographers to rush to Amazon or Precision Camera to secure a copy.

A self serving book review that I hope will inspire even non-commercial photographers to rush to Amazon or Precision Camera to secure a copy.: "


I am in the middle of writing my sixth book. This one is about the convergence of digital photography and video. I think I'll call it Minimalist Video for Photographers. All of the books I've written are about photography. Two are about lighting technique (Minimalist Lighting: Professional Techniques for Location Photography and
Minimalist Lighting: Professional Techniques for Studio Photography) and they have been very popular books when it comes to sales. Another book I wrote is all about lighting equipment. It's mostly about what's available out there and why you might want to use it. It's entitled, aptly enough: Photographic Lighting Equipment. And sales of that book are also good. In fact, anything I write that relates to equipment either sells well or, in the case of this blog, is a big reader magnet. I guess that says something about the interests of my audience. The fifth book is a comprehensive look at LED lighting and it should come out this Winter, from Amherst Media.


But the best book I've written to date is the one that seems to always be languishing on the shelves and getting chummy with the remnants on the Amazon shelves. And it's sad for me because I think that in addition to being well crafted it is by far the most important book I've written for the greatest number of photographers. It's called: Commercial Photography Handbook. Let me explain.
Read more »
©2010 Kirk Tuck. Please do not re-post without attribution.





"

Source : Google Reader

No comments: