Monday 4 April 2011

Google Reader (1000+)

"Do I need a macro Elmarit 60/2.8?
by apicius9
Hi,

I have an Elmarit with the 1:1 tube that I have only played around with for a bit, but clearly under-used it. I also have a Vivitar S1 105/2.8 1:1 macro for longer reach and plenty of 50-60mm lenses to cover the general range.

Now I am wondering: Compared to other shorter 50-60mm macro lenses, is the Elmarit worth keeping? Is it so much better than, say, a Canon FD 50/3.5 or one of the Nikkors? Since macro is neither my main interest nor do I use it enough, I am wondering whether I would be better off selling it and using the money toward the 100-300 Panny which is the last lens on my buying list for now. With the going prices right now, I may even get a 50/3.5 from a reputable brand on top of the zoom for the price of the Elmarit.

Does enybody else have it and compared it to other mcro lenses? I have a hard time letting lenses go, more so if they have a Leica sign on them (I grew up near the plant and many of my family worked there).

Thanks,

Stefan"



Source :Google Reader

No comments: