Monday 4 April 2011

Google Reader (1000+)

"Thumbs Up Grip for the GF1
by theflyer
i'm not sure if anyone's reviewed a Thumbs Up grip on the GF1 before or not but....long story short, I walked into the local Leica dealer yesterday, slid one of these beauties into the hot shoe and....voila. :2thumbs:

now i know lots of folks with the GF1 love it's compact form factor and would never think of adding to what is arguably a perfect combination of size and performance. however, for ME and the way i'm used to shooting pictures (having come from the DSLR world and being accustomed to having a chunk of camera under my hands!), i've often felt the need for a different way to hold the GF1. my fingers, while not big, never seem comfortable with the machined indentations on the body and i always feel like i'm 'pinching' a deck of cards when using the GF1, especially as i don't use the LV1 and am limited to holding the camera in front of me while framing with the LCD.

i've tried a few different straps - especially ones that allow me to tighten them around my wrist to give me a more 'secure' feel - and i also looked into the GF1 grip out of japan that screws into the tripod mount (which i was actually about to buy)."

Source :Google Reader


No comments: