Saturday 12 November 2011

Audi A7 Wins Motor Press Guild Award

Audi A7 Wins Motor Press Guild Award:

Audi A7


Last month journalists attending the annual Motor Press Guild (MPG) Track Day were invited to vote in the first-ever Motor Press Guild Vehicle of the Year (VOTY) award. Today the winner was announced – it’s the 2012 Audi A7.


It beat out the other four finalists, which were (in alphabetical order): the 2012 Chevrolet Sonic, 2012 Fiat 500, 2012 Ford Focus and the 2011 Hyundai Elantra.


Vehicles were rated in the categories of Safety, Quality, Value, Performance/Handling, Design/Style, Environmental/Green Impact and Technology/Innovation. In addition, journalists were encouraged to consider models that reflect the unique style of Southern California.


Disclosure notice: I was one of the initial group of journalists who helped select the five finalists. The Audi A7 was the only one of the five I chose. When I actually voted on the day I found myself in a dilemma. The Chevrolet Sonic was so much better than I expected and it was so good to see Chevrolet producing a world-class small car that I gave it my vote. Of course, the Audi A7 is a great car, but it’s exactly what we have come to expect from Audi. Congratulations, Audi.





Related posts:

  1. Hottest Vehicles Award – 2011 SEMA Show
  2. 2011 Audi A7 Driving Impression
  3. Audi Puts Finishing Touches on its RS 7 Hatchback
Source : Google Reader

No comments: