Monday 28 March 2011

Google Reader (1000+)

"The first scanner company I talked to had a unit that was priced well under the 3D Digital eScan but they wanted to charge me $60 an hour for training. I asked them if I flew to you with one of my propellers, could you show me how your scanner would work for me? They proceeded to tell me they would charge me $100 a scan! I didn’t like that idea so I kept looking. When I first talked to Satish at 3D Digital Corp. he said I could fly from California out to Connecticut and get trained in person for no charge. So I did that, bringing along a sample propeller. I had a lot of questions about the effectiveness of the process and Satish just kept giving me the right answers. When I watched him scan it and create the digital file of its complete surface contour I felt like someone had robbed me. It was shocking to think that all that custom individual work could be captured so quickly and accurately. Obviously, that was the missing piece of my entire production process. I now had the catalyst to make my company fully digital for CNC manufacturing. Now I take a product I’ve already built, scan it and reverse-engineer the resulting file with the tweaks I want to add."



Source : Google Reader

No comments: