Monday 28 March 2011

Google Reader (1000+)

"by admin
Wed Oct 5, 2010

In Spain, artists like me who create large-scale sculptures have learned how to use 3D scanning, with excellent results. Most of the figures I produce are used in traditional festivals, in and around Valencia, where my studio is. They range from four to 10 feet high and take from one to three weeks to produce. Three-dimensional scanning makes the work go much faster. Before, I would have to start from scratch by drawing on plates.

I first learned about three-dimension scanning technology on-line. There were various products to select from, but the EScan from 3D Digital seemed the best option. Because of this technology, I can now begin the process by molding a figure about 30 centimeters high. Once I have this model figure looking the way I want, I use the EScan 3D scanner to capture the surface geometry. Then I build up the piece to the size that’s needed, and cover it in paper and paint."


Source : Google Reader

No comments: