Friday 19 August 2011

Is a total student loan debt of $35,000 bad?

Is a total student loan debt of $35,000 bad?:

beachgirl4615 asked:


Hi, I am currently a finishing sophomore and getting ready for summer…sort of…but I still do need to take one summer class (@ community college so that should be no biggie)…although, so far, since I attend a 4-yr CSU here in California, so far I’ve borrowed a total of $6,643 (both 1st and current 2nd year),,,,I also received cal grants but they weren;t enough so I borrowed some federal stafford loans.

Anyway, next semester, I will be transferring to this private college where I’d be able to borrow at most $12,500 (as a junior) and then hopefully the same amount or a bit more when I become a senior in 2010……


I am wondering if a total of $35000 is bad….(including the interests and all that)…..


…since I’ve known others who have actually written checks for more than 100K..but those are “private” loans so much more interest…the thing is, I don’t qualify for those due to the lack of cosigner availability for my part….i know…it ***** haha…


please tell me if $35,000 is hard to pay off….

Personal Debt Consolidation



Source : Google Reader

No comments: