Friday 19 August 2011

Student loan debt? Bankruptcy? They want me to repay them now?

Student loan debt? Bankruptcy? They want me to repay them now?:

maddyjinx asked:


I have my federal subsidized loans which are on hold right now, but apparently I took at a $3,000 loan from Bank of America/ACS which I do not remember. Long story short, I dropped out because I found out my college made a mistake (they enrolled me in the wrong major) and I was taking 12 credits all of which I didn’t need. It was too late to get a refund or change courses so I got billed.

I am in NY state.


Due to a divorce, family illness and death I only made $3000 last year. I am on food stamps and medicaid working a crappy job because I cannot get back into school just yet, however, if I do not pay this loan will I be screwed when it comes time to take federal loans for the spring of 2011 when I do go back to school? What can I do besides claim bankruptcy so that I can be rid of this and finally finish my degree?

STEVE: They DID enroll me in the wrong major, I got a letter of apology from the department head.

School Loans Consolidation



Source : Google Reader

No comments: