Saturday 6 August 2011

Grey Screen even with Install Disk

Grey Screen even with Install Disk: "
Hello All,



No idea if I'm posting this in the right place, hopefully I am.



Earlier today I was working on something in Parallels on my iMac, OS X 10.6.8. It froze and so did the rest of the computer. Nothing I did got a response so I did a manual shut down. When I rebooted all I got was a grey screen. I haven't had this happen before but I know it's a common issue.



I tried a couple different things. I can safeboot the computer. I ran disk utility and got a message that the disk needed to be repaired. I put in the Snow Leopard disk, held down C, but time after time all I get is a grey screen.



I've booted from the install disk before, so I don't think I'm just timing things wrong. I get the feeling the computer is reading the install disk, it just isn't displaying anything.



I ran disk utility again after this to see what the error was and it then said everything was fine. I verified the permissions, no problems there either. However, the grey screen persists if I just try to boot up like normal.



Are there other options here? I have nothing else connected except a mouse and keyboard
"



Source : Google Reader

No comments: