Saturday 6 August 2011

Question Regarding "BIOS"

Question Regarding "BIOS": "
Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my thread.



Just to let you know, before I go on any more, I have a MacBook Pro 13" 2.7 GHz 4gb RAM Intel 3000 HD.



In my Mac partition, under system profiler, it says my Intel chip is using up 384Mb of shared video ram, but when I go into Windows, it says the chip is using up 1.7 Gb of shared RAM.



I like playing Team Fortress 2 on my Mac, but I've since recently decided to install it in Windows. For some reason, I had greater performance with the Mac version using identical settings. I have a feeling theres something to do with the lack of physical ram as opposed to video ram. So I would like to go into the BIOS and change the amount of video ram, but so far, I've had no success and there doesn't seem to be a way to access the BIOS at startup.



That's my situation. Any help is really appreciated here, since I want to figure out why my games are running worse with identical settings. Thank you.
"


Source : Google Reader

No comments: