Saturday 6 August 2011

my external harddrive apears in windows but not os x 10.4.11

my external harddrive apears in windows but not os x 10.4.11: "
hi there, great to join the forum as i think its about time i learnt a bit more about mac as i am going to make a hackintosh (this is another matter tho)

Its all in the title really, my WD 250gb hard drive shows up in windows xp but it wont even register on my mac. the light on the hard drive goes on but it just doesnt come on the desktop or in the finder folder.

Is there anyway i can format it to a mac format on a windows pc? i have nothing i want on there i just want to be able to use it on mac!! if i could use it on both that would be even better but as long as it starts working on my mac then i will be happy. I'v tried all usb ports and also opened the disk utility but it doesn't register there either so i would need to reformat it on windows. I am on a powermac g4, 733mhz, 1bg ram and os x 10.4.11. please help i need the space!
"



Source : Google Reader

No comments: