Tuesday 9 August 2011

Star Trek: The Theme Park Coming Soon!

Star Trek: The Theme Park Coming Soon!: "


My first vacation with Sarah we went to Las Vegas for a long weekend. Sarah was excited for the shows and the gambling, but all I cared about was going to the STAR TREK EXPERIENCE! My inner Trekkie was very excited, and it’s a credit to Sarah that she stuck with me after watching the extreme geek-out when I saw a guy in a Borg outfit. Sadly, the Star Trek Experience is no longer in Las Vegas, but don’t worry, the King of Jordan has us all covered.


From MSNBC:


It turns out that King Abdullah II of Jordan is a huge “Star Trek” fan. (When he was prince, he had a nonspeaking role in “Star Trek: Voyager.”)


The king, through his King Abdullah II Fund for Development, is the main local investor of the $1.5 billion project, according to The National, an Abu Dhabi-based newspaper.


The Red Sea Astrarium, the planned 184-acre entertainment resort, will feature a “’Star Trek’-themed center that will deliver a variety of multi-sensory futuristic experiences, culminating with a state-of-the art space-flight adventure that takes real-time immersive entertainment experiences to bold new heights,” according to the developer, Rubicon Group Holding.


It’s not scheduled to open until at least 2013, but I know where my big vacation will be that year! Now, here’s the big question: will this be solely Enterprise-based, or is the King open to showcasing Deep Space 9 and Voyager? And most importantly, did he enjoy the reboot movie, or is he a “Shatner or Bust” Trekkie? So many questions, so few answers.


Yesterday, I would never have believed the King of Jordan and I had much in common, but apparently we do! Maybe if I ask nicely he’ll join me for my “Star Trek” rewatch on Netflix?


Via MSNBC



Tags:

"



Source : Google Reader

No comments: