Thursday 20 October 2011

Spinning in Best Buy-making me dizzy

Spinning in Best Buy-making me dizzy:

A few nice tripod best images I found:


Spinning in Best Buy-making me dizzy

tripod best


Image by Watchcaddy

Took the camera to Best Buy to try out some tripods and this is what you get.


Big Block Corvette 454

tripod best


Image by Doha Sam

Nikon F4 with Konica Minolta Centuria 100 negative film. Scanned with my Konica Minolta Scan Dual IV film scanner which has no ICE.


This was from an American Muscle car meet here in Doha. I took the same thing with the same lens from the same tripod position with the D80. It makes for an interesting contrast. See here:


www.flickr.com/photos/samagnew/4508704730/


The most obvious things are the 1.5x crop factor makes the D80 image look closer. Also, the negative film somehow got something like a full spectrum of colour out of that nasty sodium vapour light and I was able to get something approaching the real colour of the car. On the D80 there was no playing with curves or white balances that would have gotten me this.


The picture is also a bit soft because I put a lot of noise reduction on for the nasty level of graininess my scanner was giving me.



Source : Google Reader

No comments: